This article applies to the installation of the MapDotNet UX Web Services (version 8.x and 9.x) on Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 and Server 2012 running IIS 7 and 8.
In order to host the MapDotNet UX WCF services on a computer running IIS 7.0, the following steps must be taken PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF MAPDOTNET UX SERVICES in order for the services to work properly:
1. From Control Panel, choose "Turn Windows features on or off”.
2. Expand IIS folders and subfolders.
3. Select IIS6 Management Compatibility all of its features.
4. Under the IIS subfolder Security, select all features except IP Security.
5. Click OK after selecting these features, run the aspnet_regiis.exe located at: 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319' from the command prompt. The command is: aspnet_regiis -i
6. When the system has finished updating, proceed with the installation of MapDotNet UX Services.
Note: on some IIS7 deployments the MDN UX Service requires a modification to the applicationHost.config file located in Windows\system32\inetsrv.
Change the following values located in section <configSections> --> <sectionGroup name="system.webServer">